Looking for our Sea Kayaking Expeditions?

October 24, 2009

A week in McMurdo

Welcome to McMurdo Station, Antarctica.


Arrive on Station via the one of a kind, "Ivan, the Terra Bus". Lots of people and tiny seats, just like grade school again.


Report to the housing department to pick up your room key. Pray to the Ice gods that you will have a decent roommate. Fortunately for me, the quarter are tempoaray. I will arrive at my field camp in less than a two weeks.


Swing by the post office to check for mail, hint hint.


Admire the views and intersting clouds on the way to the galley.


Drop into the galley for a hot drink.


And take one last hike around town before the helicopter ride to Lake Hoare field camp tomorrow.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work on the blog becky! Julia and I look forward to seeing you guys when you are off the ice!

Tristan

Glenn Kessler said...

It has been a while since I have visited your blog. Great to see you and the pics of your adventures down on and to the ice. Terry and I kept Nick company for several days last week, but I think we were no substitute for you.